Sunday, December 30, 2012

Atkins Day 2

This weekend was good, other than staying in bed and napping on the couch a little too much. Since we'll be heading to the islands in a little more than a month it's time to lose some weight!

It's really crazy to me that I am literally never hungry. I have a serious addiction to food. I just eat because I want to. If you're thinking about getting the band and can relate, I would suggest working with someone on the addiction at the same time as the surgery. I really wish I would have done that and I really need to do that in 2013.

We started Atkins yesterday and I've done well so far. I'm going to get up and go to the gym in the morning to get back into my routine.

I'm trying to stay away from watching the food channel, perusing recipes on pinterest and staying far away from the pantry which is still full of chips and crackers from the holidays. Yikes! I think all of that stuff triggers me to get up and mindlessly eat stuff.

Thank you for the comments on my recap of 2012. I am going to slam the door shut on all of the bullshit and just pray for a calmer year. Since all of the vacations we planned this year got scrapped, I'm also praying that the vacations we have planned for 2013 go off without a hitch and that we can truly relax on all of them with no drama, death or illness!

3 comments:

  1. That's great you have a fun trip planned! I'm sure that will be motivation to stay on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting to the gym and back to your routine today!

    May you step into 2013 with joy, and meet the new year with confidence, determination, and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get er done babe! When your in the D if you ever want to meet for a drink or coffee I'm your girl.

    ReplyDelete