Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Down 1.6 lbs in 2013

I love The Atkins Diet so much. Always have. It just works for my body and I understand it. But like all of my weight loss efforts, I just can't seem to sustain it long term. We started low carbing it Saturday and I've already dropped almost 2 lbs!

We went downtown last night for a really fun New Year's Eve! We went out and had bunless burgers at Chuck's which is a burger joint ran by a local celebrity chef, Ashley Christensen. The food was just divine. There are only 6 or 7 burgers on the whole menu and based off of what we had last night, I know we'll probably try every burger they have before the end of this year. As long as we're low carbing it, that menu is full of delicious diet options!

 Since Raleigh is known as the city of oaks, they drop a huge acorn at midnight. We really had a blast. There were tons of events to choose from but we went to an improv comedy show, and a couple of cirque de soliel type performances. At 10:45 a local band that I love, Delta Rae, played. I'm just not that into live music anymore. I enjoy listening and dancing, but I inevitably alway get stuck behind the biggest assholes. I am literally an asshole magnet at concerts.

Delta Rae played Bottom of The River at 11:30 and as soon as they were done, MS and I read each other's minds and hightailed it out of there. We got home at 10 minutes to midnight with just enough time to see the acorn and the ball drop on tv with our dog/kid. It was definitely a fab way to ring in the new year!



2 comments:

  1. Love the acorn :)

    And also love that you got out, had a great band-healthy meal, enjoyed the concert, then got home in time for midnight! Here's to 2013 and the continuation of the journey!

    ReplyDelete