Friday, July 5, 2013

Sweet Tooth? Post Work Out Protein? Mushies?

PMS is the killer of all diets and I am so glad that I only have healthy food in my house because I could plow through the aisles of a grocery store right now. Seriously. Danger.

The good news is that i've been losing 2 lbs a week consistently. I can see my body changing for the better. I feel good about having purpose behind my workouts as opposed to just going cardio crazy for as long as I can possibly stand it. I'm really sticking to the all around healthy eating regimen and don't feel deprived. Well... every once in a while I want to smash chocolate all over my face but who doesn't? 

I ran across this post on post workout snacks that caught my eye and I seriously have to share this with you, it's over the top! It's a perfect mix of complex carbs and protein with no added sugar. It's smooth like icing so its easy on the band and it's rich and chocolatey!! Holy yum. 

1 Japanese/asian sweet potato (reddish on the outside white on the inside ... Different sweet potatoes have different nutritional value so just take note if you have to substitute)
1 scoop of syntax nectar chocolate truffle 
Splash  of water

Microwave or bake the potato until cooked through, remove the skin and mash with protein powder and a tiny splash of water if needed. You can also just put it all in the blender or use a hand mixer to whip it up. 

Makes 2 servings - You can eat it hot or cold - 1 serving has about 12 carbs and 12 grams of protein and about 100 cals! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment