Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quick Check In!

Hey y'all! Good news weigh in Wednesday was a success! I'm down 14 lbs since we returned from our cruise (I'm sure the first 5 lbs of that was strictly bloat) 

So here's the breakdown :
When I returned from the cruise my band was wide open and I went on a straight liquid diet (post op diet) for 5 days and dropped 5 before my fill that Thursday. 

The Sunday after my fill, I started following the body for life nutrition and fitness guidelines and have lost 9 lbs in my first week and a half! The first week or two of any new program is always great. so now I have to keep it up! 

My parents are in town visiting and I'm so glad to have them. Tonight we had a ceviche salad, broiled grouper and a little roasted cauliflower all within our fist/palm sized portions. 

On a completely separate note, I have a really awful story to share. It's just bothering me so much that I need to vent for a second. Have you all heard about this ex-football player in Michigan that went missing this weekend and was found dead last night? I just found out today that he was married to my old roommate and very good college friend. We were really great friends for a while and spent time at each other's families houses and became roommates my sophomore or junior year. She had some personal struggles and transferred schools and we lost touch. I chose not to keep in touch because of some stuff that had happened right before the transfer. There was too much drama for me.  But she was happily married with 2 very small children and now she has lost her husband in such a tragic way. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it. If you can please send a quick prayer her way :( 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your loss! So sorry to hear about your sad news. Terrible when things like this happen and are so sad....I hope everyone finds peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the WL that is so super!!

    ReplyDelete