1. There is a man at work who retired from his job to come work at the company I work for. He's just a wee little guy and he doesn't do shit. He talks about himself non-stop, he plays on linked in and hotmail all day, tries to expense everything and treats all the females in the office like we're secretaries. Even though most of us hold much higher positions than he does. Some days, when he's wasting every one's time in a meeting, I fantasize about flipping the conference table over, climbing over it and throwing that little man on my knee for a whoopin. All the while screaming, "SHUUTTT UPPP SHUTTT UPPPP" Is that weird?
2. I hope you have come to understand my sense of humor by now, even though I was only partially kidding. Ha!
3. Every Wednesday the instructor that teaches bosu (not the bouncy balls instructor, the other one) Alternates between bosu and turbo kick. I like turbo kick but I decided to try a different class that starts at the same time but in the gym. It's called Sports conditioning. It was totally not fun, but it was a good work out. I really didn't like the instructor all that much. But she had us run up and down three flights of stairs 6 times. It was bananas.
4. I've noticed that in any work out whether it's yoga or whatever where I have to lay on my stomach, my port really gets sore for a couple of days. And honestly I still have quite a bit of belly fat that pads that thing, I can't imagine how it will feel 40 lbs from now.
5. My dad hurt his knee today at work. Long story but after working for a company for close to 30 years in MI, he's back to doing physical labor at 64 years old. It worries me to my core because the economy is still in bad shape up there. If you would just include him in your prayers for me I would be forever grateful.
6. Even though I haven't shown weight loss on the scale, my band is wide open. I wasn't scheduled until next week for a fill, but she's fitting me in early tomorrow morning. I went and picked up a fillet tonight to make for dinner because I do miss steak. I plan on having her SHUT IT DOWN tomorrow. So I figured a nice little piece of steak tonight would be glorious.
7. That steak was glorious.
8. Speaking of glorious. Last week I went to New York for a week for some Salesforce Admin Training. Anyone out there familiar with Salesforce? Anyways, we stayed in the financial district, which was actually a first for me. I always stay up by 102nd and Broadway when I go, so this was just a fab treat for me. My boss and I went to Fraunces Tavern which is in the oldest standing building in Manhattan. It was wonderful. We split a bottle of malbec and then proceeded to order a few more glasses after that. But the moral of my story is that we ordered a whole bunch of small stuff and split it. I actually had brussel sprouts for the first time and I could have passed out from the goodness. Since then, I have made a couple of brussel sprouts in a different way every night this week. Last night I made them with Parmesan cheese and MS tried them. Way after we were done eating he goes, "honey..... I'm not going to lie....those brussel sprouts were bangin!" Haa!
9. Tonight I made the brussel sprouts in a pan with a little splenda brown sugar and balsamic. Even though I'm not hungry, the thought of them makes me want to get up and make some more. But I'll refrain.
10. A Fill and a Haircut tomorrow! I wonder what brussel sprouts would taste like in a protein shake. ;) kidding. sick.
And with that... I leave you with my favorite inspirational quote: