Friday, May 4, 2012

Refocused

Woah the first week of May is over. What in the world?  Today I hit a big one.. the big Seven.Zero. Isn't that equivalent to a whole 7 or 8 year old kid? A husky one, even?

It really makes me feel good but I had an epiphany tonight. A few days before my surgery I saw a user on lapbandtalk.com that had lost 96 lbs in 6 months. I asked her what she had done and she explained that she works out for at least 45 minutes a day. She said she started walking as soon as she could and she kept working out harder and harder each time. That was when it really clicked for me and that's what inspired me to start walking right away. I set that goal to do exactly what she did.

So periodically I check up on her on lapbandtalk.com to see how much more weight she has lost. She has a newer picture and she's totally skinny. She has now lost 125 lbs and she's just a little more than a month away from her 1 year bandiversary.

Coincidentally, I am a little more than 1 month away from my 6 month bandiversary and I'm within reaching distance to the goal I set for myself right before I had surgery. It's going to take some serious discipline and I'm going to have to get back to working my ass off in the gym. But I really owe it to myself to accomplish this goal.

The past few days have been great food wise. I've really been good. I have been working out very hard, I just don't do it as much as I used to. So I'm getting up and going to the gym tomorrow for a hardcore workout.

I want to be somewhere in the -90's by my birthday which is 3 days after my 6 mo bandiversary. This is going to be tough, but it's possible. As friends, if you hear me wavering or getting whiny will you please remind me to focus on this goal? I need to do this!

7 comments:

  1. Go for it! You are amazing, and just think, there's someone out in the blogosphere who looks at you just like you look at that person on lapbandtalk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 70 lbs!! AMAZING GIRLFRIEND! That is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 70 lbs! you rock! Congrats! I'm hoping to follow the same track for loss! Thank you for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow70 lbs you should be so freakng geeked!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done an amazing job and you should be so proud of all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are rocking this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are insane in a good way! I still can't get over your numbers WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete