Monday, April 9, 2012

Bosu / Kickboxing / Toning

Woah. I just got done with the craziest fitness class I have ever taken in my life. It was a combination of cardio and toning all on a bosu balance trainer. I got the ugly red  workout face afterwards. I realized that I've been working out hard enough to get where I am, but to get to where I want to go, I'm going to have to start working out harder!

Right now they only offer this class on Monday nights, and there is another similar one on wednesdays. So I'm going to put those into regular rotation.

Every muscle in my body is still shaky and I'll probably feel like a mess tomorrow but it was worth it

10 comments:

  1. You rock baby!! You ROCK!! I wanna try that!! I so need a workout partner. Zumba tonight for me but I have wanted to try a bosu class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to see your red face!!! LOL! Nice job of mixing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I would so fall off of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lala Everybody was falling off of it, even the ones that have been there. It was so hard but so fun. I think I'm going to get addicted to it, can't wait for my class tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I just started following your blog... Loving the BOSU workout. Question? The BOSU are about $90 each did your gym supply them or is it BYOB? Also how many in the class? I love this piece of equip would like to recommend class to my gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - I workout at the Y and they have the bosu's there for use.

      Delete
    2. P.S. Michelle, I just started following your blog as well! Although I live in Raleigh, I'm from Michigan too!

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I live in Warren, MI and work out a pretty nice place. They do a ton of group fitness but nothing like the bosu class. I loved your blog. My husband and I are in this together. He is not "obese" so does not qualify for the surgery, but he is with me 100%. We read your stuff yesterday while sitting at Starbucks. A bad couple habit that is about to change!

      Delete
    4. I used to live on 16 & Gratiot :) I'm not sure I would be where I am weight loss wise if it weren't for us doing this together. My husband has seriously lost 90 lbs. I wish I could burn calories like him for 1 week!! ha!

      Delete