Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Husband's Graduation

Tomorrow is our 4 month bandiversary and today, MS went in today to get a fill. They checked his restriction before hand and he was still pretty restricted. So he got a very tiny fill today. She told him that he doesn't have to come back on a monthly basis any longer.  He's "graduated".

MS has lost 90 lbs in 4 months. Excuse my language, but that is un-f*!king-believable. His blood pressure is normal, type 2 diabetes is gone and he's 20 lbs away from hitting his goal weight.

I couldn't be prouder of him. Being a witness to this, I can tell you what he did to be successful. 1. He followed the instructions given to us by our medical team to the tee. 2. He started working out religiously 3. He has a BMR that could burn our house down. 4. He still loves to eat, he just doesn't eat as much as he used it.

I think he's pretty rad and he has really helped me stay on a good path. I always joke and whine about having to work harder to lose less, but I only kid. I knew going into this that it wasn't about competing with each other, it was about having each other's backs!

So now he's moved on to getting ripped......I mean, I'm not going to object to that! ;)



8 comments:

  1. WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW!! I can't even fathom how quick this is to get to goal. What an amazing experience and rockstar he is!! You are as well- look at that number sporting on your MFP!! You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...That is so amazing and cool to hear.Congrats!Keep doing what ya'll are doing. your my only insperation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! Congrats to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome accomplishment... You are both so successful. It is Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to both of you - you're doing so well! I'm sure having each other for immediate support is critical - good for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog because you two did this together. It is fun to follow you as a couple. You both are doing so well and I hope to have your numbers 4 months into band-land!

    ReplyDelete