Monday, April 2, 2012

Dear Plateau - Piss Off

I hit the dreaded plateau! for the past three weeks I've been down, then up, then down, then up. I knew it would happen so I've decided to kick it into overdrive and get over this hump.

First off I've noticed that my belly fat is sticking around for a lot longer than normal. My arms, neck, face  and calves are slimming up nice but everything else is still just hanging out.  Since I've always been a huge believer in low carb dieting, I've decided to go ahead and start that today. Everyone always says that low carb dieting really targets belly fat, so I'm hoping this really helps.

This throws my tracking system for a loop because Myfitnesspal primarily tracks calories and I'll need to really just track net carbs. I'm still going to use it, but my calories will probably need to be adjusted. I've tracked net carbs so much in my life that I can pretty much do that in my head so it shouldn't be an issue. If I find myself getting off track I'll resort back to writing everything down on paper.

I'll report back on how it goes!

P.S. I had to go out and buy 2 pairs of Size 20's yesterday!!!! YES!!! Life is good!


6 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo on the 20's!!

    Quick question - how many net carbs should you stick to when you are going low carb? Help me because I am at a loss on the carb #'s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atkins is 20 Net Carbs for the first two weeks. Total Carbs - Fiber = Net Carbs. The 20 net should come only from non starchy veggies. After the first 2 weeks you start to add 5 net carbs a week. Handful of nuts, after that you can add fruits that are high in fiber, blueberries, strawberries etc. I've seen a lot of other low carb diets that don't necessarily count carbs but say to keep under 100 carbs a day. So I think it varies from whatever you like best. Atkins is one that I definitely reccomend just reading the book because if you don't understand what's happening in your body, it's hard to stick with it. The first couple of days are kind of miserable because your body gets over an addiction to carbs. After that it's smooth sailing.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I think I may try this after Chicago. I leave next Thurs-Mond and I know with the 2 parties there, it will be tough. (Italian restaurants, etc) but we will be walking the city so that will help. I am going to order the book on my I-Pad so I can start reading it. I have been trying to do lower carb here and there but not sticking to it whole heartedly.

      Delete
  2. Way to go! you sound like you have a good plan for kicking this plateau to the curb - you can do it!! And WOOT on the smaller sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plateaus suck! It's nice to see your clothes getting bigger though even when the scale is not moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts,Exactly where are your contact details though? sphynx kittens

    ReplyDelete