Friday, February 3, 2012

Sauteed Mushrooms - My Lighter Version

A few days ago I posted a blog about how shocked I was by the calories I added to my sauteed mushrooms with olive oil. I know that olive oil has wonderful health benefits, but I make this recipe so much that I wanted to lighten it up.

From the suggestion of Julia Nelson, I decided to sub out the oil for a tiny bit of broth. I am in love with the flavor of the mushrooms tonight, and I cut the calories from 200 per serving to a measly 23.

I've had these broth concentrate packets in my pantry for a while so I gave them a whirl.

Here's the recipe for 2 servings:

2 handfuls of sliced Mushrooms
1 packet of broth concentrate
1 tablespoon of water
2 teaspoons of Worcestshire
2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
Dried Parsley
Garlic Powder
Ceyenne

Put concentrate and water into a hot frying pan and wisk together. Let it get very hot and bubbly. Throw in the mushrooms and toss to coat. All the mushrooms to sautee for a few minutes and add dry seasonings. Continue to toss the mushrooms to mix in the seasoning. When the mushrooms are just about done, add in the worcestshire and dijon and toss until the mustard mixes in and coats all of the mushrooms.

Serve immediately.

I love some Trader Joe's Turkey Burgers as well. Here are the mushrooms along with 1/2 of a Turkey Burger and a slice of swiss cheese. Definitely one of my favorite meals for only 220 Calories and 18 grams of protein.

2 comments:

  1. I've been using those broth concentrates for a while and I love them! Great as a flavor boost in any kind of sauce, and woot! now I get to try them on yummy mushrooms - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try a concentrate but that is looks so good I must!

    ReplyDelete