Monday, December 19, 2011

Banded!

We are both home and in our bed. I feel so glad that today is over. Onto the future slowly but surely!

We arrived at the hospital at 5:45 am and even though Duke was remodeling the wait area, they were incredibly efficient. There were already a lot of people there. They checked us both in together and gave my mother in law and brother in law a pamphlet with 2 unique ID numbers. They could use those numbers to track the progress of our surgery on a screen in the lobby. It just so happened that my unique number happened to end in the numbers that I use on all of my screen/usernames for everything I do! WINK! I knew it was going to be a good day.

We were also given a buzzer just like you would get at a restaurant. We got buzzed to go back and our family kept it. Every time there was an update for us, they received a buzz.

MS went back with me and a wonderful nurse named Sonya got me ready. Every nurse in the place made me feel so comfortable. Plus we're in the south so everyone called me sugar and baby which made me feel more like my mama was with me.

I spoke with our surgeon, Dr. Yoo and he was just great. He is very sincere and I felt so great that he is our dr.

I was knocked out quickly, and 30 mins later they were waking me back up. Surgery went very smooth. Apparently I had a hernia that they fixed as well.

In recovery Dr Yoo gave me great news about MS. He did fantastic and apparently had a hernia in the same place they fixed that too. Dr Yoo said that both of our livers were tiny! Great news I hope that shows him how serious we are about this whole process!

My mother in law went home with me and my brother in law brought MS home 2 hours later almost on the dot. I love efficiency.

The worst pain I had today was my throat from the scope, on a scale of 1 to 10 that was probably a 4. The 2nd worst was gas pain. I walked a ton of laps around my house today and it helped move that around a lot.

MS had a lot worse pain in his incisions today. Dr Yoo said men have a little more pain than women because of how we hold our weight differently.

We're both tucked into bed and I am feeling great. The pain I have is tolerable and I'm ready for a full night's sleep. Praying tonight that we both feel great in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment