Saturday, December 31, 2011

Getting Skinny & Rich!

Wow. I knew we spent a lot of money on food, but didn't think much of it. I am definitely seeing the savings now and I'm blown away. Let me just do a quick calculation and see how this all pans out.

I used to spend at least $100 a week on groceries for the house. Sometimes more if I didn't plan right.
MS and I would go out to dinner a minimum of 2 nights a week, and out to lunch on the weekends more times than not. Let's just guess that to be $100 for the 2 dinners and $50 for the two lunches. On top of that I would almost always grab lunch out just to get out of the office. That could be anywhere from $5 to $15. So let's just average it out to $10 a weekday so $50 a week. MS also said that once or twice a week he would stop at the gas station close to work to get a snack, a soft drink and peanuts or a slim jim. He said that would average about $4 making that $8 a week.

oh goodness... let's see the results:

We were spending a whopping $308.00 a week on food!!! HOLY CRAP! Holy crap. $1232 a month!

That's just on average. That doesn't include holidays, special occasions, or parties that I would go all out for!

Well, the great news is that it will never happen again! I would imagine we probably won't spend more than $100 a month on food for quite some time. I can't wait to see that money start piling up!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard other people mention that as well. I do spend quite a bit on food. Of course my impact won't be as much because I still need to buy for my hubby and son but I expect to notice it. Good for you, you can save the money for some new clothes!

    ReplyDelete