Friday, December 30, 2011

Mushies - Smooth Lasagna

I made this last night along with the mexican mush! I can't believe that 1 hamburger patty was enough ground beef for MS and I to have 2 meals plus left overs! My mom is Italian, so this is a feel good mushie meal for me.

This makes a little more than three servings.

2 oz of ground beef, turkey or chicken, browned and drained
1 clove Garlic grated
1/2 cup Wolfgang Puck Creamy Vodka Sauce (or your favorite)
1 tablespoon of cottage cheese (only if you have it, you can skip this if you don't have it)
Salt and Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Dash of Splenda
3 tablespoons Kraft Simply Ricotta Cheese

(I having a food scale to make this, but you can measure it out by the tablespoon if you need to)

In a small skillet brown the meat season with salt and pepper and drain. Do Not over cook. Wipe out excess grease from the pan

return the meat to the pan and grate garlic over the meat and season it with as a lot of italian seasoning

Stir in the sauce and 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese let simmer on low heat for a bit so the flavors can meld. Add two small dashes of splenda (not even half of 1 packet)

When sauce has simmered for a few minutes remove from heat and blend in food processer or blender until it as smooth as possible.

Add 1 tablespoon of Kraft Simply Ricotta cheese to a small bowl and cover with 1/3 of the sauce and enjoy.

I must say Kraft Simply Ricotta Cheese is the absolute best packaged Ricotta cheese I have ever tasted. It is incredibly close to a fresh made batch. I highly reccomend it.





No comments:

Post a Comment