Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2 More Protein Ideas

As a follow up to yesterday's post I have some good news. This morning I mixed 2 packets of the Designer Whey 2 Go with 12 oz of milk in my little GE blender. I was pretty pleased with the results.

Although the Designer Whey has a funny smell. If you can just kind of stop your self from smelling as you drink it, the taste is actually quite good. I drank all of the liquid but there was quite a bit of foamy texture left on top of the liquid. I didn't want to waste the protein, so I grabbed a spoon and to my surprise the foamy stuff was quite satisfying. It's like a mousse lemon dessert.

I'm not going to go out and by a bunch of Designer Whey because of it. But drinking/eating it this way was much better than drinking it with water.

Also - one of my fab followers, Bandedwithfavor left me a great tip that I wanted to share:

bandedwithfavor said...


I found this drink at GNC...it is called Isopure it is a liquid drink in a bottle 20fl oz with 40 grams of protein...many flavors and they are good...I figure after surgery this Friday those 20 oz bottles are going to be a good friend to me...will probably take all day to sip but at 40 grams of protein I am ok with that!! I would post a picture but I have no clue how to do that..sorry


I saw this too - it ran about $4.00 a bottle and all of the flavors sounded good. You can also buy this online. The link is below the picture.  I wish I could be one of those people who drinks and eats the same thing day in and day out, but I'm just not. I need variety in my life! Now that I have a few followers that have been banded for a while, please let me know any of your tips. I'll take any advice I can get!

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of the premade protein drinks for some reason they leave a bad after taste but when I make them myself I LOVE them. I will give it a try because 40g is a lot...as always thanks for the tip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn have you tried atkins or slim fast yet? I like those a lot. But it's WAY cheaper to make your own, so homeade is pretty much the best option

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried them, next round at store I will pick a couple up

    ReplyDelete
  4. My roommate drinks the isopure every day and really likes them. I haven't tried it yet though.

    ReplyDelete