Monday, January 2, 2012

2 Weeks Post Op! - Another Protein Option

Well, today is officially our 2 week bandiversary! I lost a little more today - but I can't remember the number. I think it was about 1/2 or 3/4 of a pound. This whole weighing myself everyday will probably stop soon, but it's fun to see it drop!

This morning I woke up and I actually dreaded the thought of having another chocolate protein shake. But I made one anyway. Man did it go down slow and hard. So after running a few errands I went to the Vitamin Shoppe, because I think that's the only place we haven't looked. let me tell you, Protein powder is expensive! I'm definitely sticking with the body fortress brand because it doesn't break the bank and it is doing the trick.

I did find a cool new product though! Designer Whey makes individual drink mix packets that you can mix with water.  Each packet has 10 grams of protein and 50 calories. It's a little pricey, I think the regular price was $9.99 for 5 packets. But I bought it on sale for 50% off. I bought the lemonade flavor and I think they had a mixed berry flavor as well. I mixed it up in a bottle as directed and it took quite a long time to dissolve. It's pretty good it doesn't taste like refreshing lemonade by any means, but it is tolerable for me. If I could explain it, I think i would say it taste more like a milky lemonade. In fact I might even try mixing it with skim milk to see if it gives me more a dessert like taste. My recommendation is to only buy this if it's on sale! Here's a pic, (please excuse my ugly nail polish testing):

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I can get those other protein drinks down sometimes. I'll have to try this if I find it on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this drink at GNC...it is called Isopure it is a liquid drink in a bottle 20fl oz with 40 grams of protien...many flavors and they are good...I figure after surgery this Friday those 20 oz bottles are going to be a good friend to me...will probably take all day to sip but at 40 grams of protien I am ok with that!! I would post a picture but I have no clue how to do that..sorry

    ReplyDelete