Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's All in My Head

AHHHHH!!! HEAD HUNGER!!!! I am definitely getting hungrier as the days go on, but being a lifelong overeater I distinctly know the difference between being hungry and wanting to eat.

I do webcasts for a living . After my 11:30 webcast this morning I ripped open a chicken salad kit and didn't even take it to the kitchen to drain the can of chicken. I was starving. I chewed very well, but I literally ate that thing in about 5 minutes. There were no issues with it going down whatsoever.

That filled me up nicely and after I ate, I ran to the store to pick up a few items. Now that I'm back at my desk my head hunger is out of control! Thank God I don't have any snacks in my office because I would probably be ripping through them right now.

What in the world? Why do I feel like this? I feel like an animal or something. I feel like the strong sensible part of me is sitting here shaking my head a myself while holding back the wild child inside me that's screaming, "I WANT SOMETHING TO EAT" Wierd. Be stong sensible one, be strong.

It's definitely time for an adjustment!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh You reached the infamous BANDSTER HELL! I have read so much about it and it sounds like it's reared it's ugly head upon you. I hope it gets easier. When is your first fill slated for? I start my 2 week Optifast Preop tomorrow and I-am-so-dreading-it. Keep strong and eat a healthy snack later if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo! I hear this happens you poor thing...stay strong! Fill up on some good protein chickeee! I am sending you lots of good vibes and hope you pull through without a gain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo hear you!!! 2 weeks liquid diet for pre op...2 weeks liquids and soups on post op...I am 14 days out from surgery tomorrow and I too know I cannot over eat but I am so flippen hungry ( head hungry!!) I know I can't handle anything too solid and I know I need to get in at least 50 grams of protein and I have been making some yummy soup, but I just want something else...I don't know what just something I haven't measured, logged, added protein to or puréed to a pulp and liquified with chicken broth!!! Ahhhh!!!!! Lisa was it you who had the chips taunting you??? I feel ya!! Ok now enough... I am done ranting...I will add meatballs to my pureed veggie soup and freeze it in ice cube trays so I have lunch tomorrow...I will get dressed and go for a 2 mile walk while child number 2 is at soccer practice...I will drink more water, crystal light and hot tea before I go to bed and I will carry on successfully for 4 more weeks...that is when I get my first fill!!! Lord help us all as we strengthen our self control...

    ReplyDelete