Friday, January 6, 2012

Fast Foods For Bandsters!



Check this out! I just saw on the news that Chick Fil A is offering a healthier kids meal option and it looks like a really fabulous option for anyone with bariatric surgery. Yay!

Even in our soft food stage all of this food would be acceptable. Heck if the chicken is too dry, even a half container of chick fil a sauce would be fine.. I looked on the website and can't access the nutritional information yet. But I did see that you can order this meal with a lot of other options.

Of course there is White Milk and Chocolate Milk, you can choose from 6 grilled nuggets or 4 along with . The healthy  sides are Buddy fruits or a Fresh Fruit Cup.

While I was looking at the Chick Fil A website, I noticed a few other great options for us if ever caught in a bad situation.  Or heck, if we just want to go out for lunch with our friends.

Chicken Tortilla SoupChicken Tortilla soup looks amazing, just skip the tortilla strips if you can't have those yet. I don't know how many ounces are in the medium cup, but we can probably get two meals out of it. There are 230 calories and 19 grams of protein in a medium serving. Looks like this one is a limited time offering.

There's also chicken salad that is available in a cup. The whole cup has 28 grams of protein! It is a bit high in calories (350) because of the mayo... but if you split it into two meals, it's a great option.

I'll make sure to update this post when I know what the serving sizes of the soup and chicken salad are.

I'm guessing both are 1 cup, which would be 2 meals for us now, but after a year or so that would be a perfectly portioned lunch packed with protein.

Chicken Salad CupThis is great if you're busy shopping and realize you really need to eat something. Or you just feel like going out to eat with your family or friends.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! We have Chick-Fil-A all around us here in FL. It's the only fast food I will eat. I don't do it often but it's super yummy. Good to know I won't have to totally give it up.

    ReplyDelete