Monday, January 2, 2012

Meat Head

We all know at least one crazy meat head who can't seem to talk about anything other than body building. Bless your heart if you have to deal with more than one at any given time.

I happen to work with one of the most annoying meat heads that I have ever met in my life. He's terrible at his job, but man he'll tell you how much more he knows than you if eye contact is made. He also assumes you want to hear about his diet and body building competitions without even asking.

This commercial kind of reminds me of him, actually:



If only the guy I work with was as lovable! Anyways. This post is more for some laughs, but trust me, I'm spending my time blogging about this idiot because I'm a little stressed.

A long time ago this guy left a diet plan in my office. Unsolicited of course. I didn't know who left it there, and I thought, "Wow that's kind of a mean thing to do" but I had no idea who did it.

Low and behold, 2 days later he comes by and says "Did you see the diet plan I left for you?"

I said, "Oh that was you. I was wondering who would leave that in here."

So he responds, "Oh yeah, it's great it talks about good fats and bad fats, and I LOVE FATS!"

I just half smiled and nodded thinking "GET THE F$*% OUT OF MY OFFICE"

Then he just walked away. What a weirdo.

Honestly, people all over tend to be pretty mean to fat people. Its like this strange hatred. A lot of people will  just wait for someone who is overweight to walk by to spew poison on. I'll never forget walking into a bar when I was 25 and being called a fat bitch by some random as I walked by.
To be completely honest with you, I'm kind of immune to it at my age. I've been fat for the past 10 years. I've heard it all. So this meat head didn't necessarily hurt my feelings per se. I mean I already couldn't stand him because he's worthless at his job and has zero social skills.

Anyway - fast forward to today. I had the day off, MS went to work and I was looking forward to just spending a day running errands and doing a little shopping. My last stop was the Vitamin Shoppe. I was amazed by all of the protein powders and being kind of a novice, I got lost in all the labels. And then I heard his voice.

 I just stood there frozen, as he talked to the guy at the counter about how much more he knows about supplements. I wanted to clear out a shelf and actually climb into it.  As soon as he was about to leave he yelled bye to me and I knew I was caught. Damnit Damnit Damnit. He must have seen my car. I turned around and acted as though I didn't even realize that it was him spewing useless information at the cashier.

Since I made eye contact with him, he must have thought i needed help me selecting my protein powder. He grabbed mine out of my hands and started asking what I was trying to buy. I said that I was sick of chocolate flavor, that is why I was shopping for a new flavor so he went straight to the chocolate fudge powder and said, "This is great. I get the craziest chocolate cravings, you know that's why I'm always looking for sweets around the office."

I stared blankly at him. This dude is a sales person. Did he not just hear what I said? Nope. So I said it again. Don't want chocolate. Thank goodness the VS employee came over and started talking to him again. I quietly slipped away as he started questioning the guy's knowledge again.

UGGGHHHH!!! This event doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but what stresses me out is the onslaught of unsolicited advice he's going to spew on me over the next few weeks. Diet advice. Work out advice. Sick.


2 comments:

  1. ahhh you have a new friend! :)
    JK, that sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice this phrase:

    I'm glad that's working for you. I'm following my doctor's advice, thanks!

    Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete